The Lovelace Theatre Venue
The natural home of the Lovelace Theatre Group is the John Godber Centre on Ogle Street in Hucknall. Placed next to Hucknall Church, the final resting place of Lord Byron, the building dates back to 1906.
Formerly the old church hall, the building itself was extensively renovated in 1995 with the addition of two bars, a bigger stage area and new lighting and stage equipment.
The building is used by a variety of groups including not only ourselves, but also various dance and playgroups. There are various sized rooms on the lower floor for use by the public with the upper floor containing the actual Lovelace Theatre itself complete with stage, seperate bar and toilets..
The John Godber Centre has something to offer every age group in the community. Whether your interest is sport, drama, dancing, flower arranging, or childrens activities, there is something for all. The Centre is named after The Rev Canon John Godber MA and has served the community of Hucknall since opening in 1906. Today, the John Godber Centre is owned by St Mary Magdalene Church and governed by the Church Council with a team of 8 staff employed to manage the day to day running of the Centre.
The Centre is located immediately behind St Mary Magdalene church and is accessed from the road via Ogle Street. There is a large pay and display car park at the rear with easy access to the churchyard and high street.